Friday, January 17, 2014

Anchors Away Coasters




This is one of those things I saw on Pinterest and just knew I had to make my own for our home. I already had all of the supplies on hand too! Thanks to my DIY Nautical Centerpieces I made for our rehearsal dinner, I had at least half of a roll of sisal rope laying around. While the hubby and I watched our DVR'd episodes of The Walking Dead from the marathon they ran on New Year's day, (We've become obsessed, a little late I know) we tag teamed the coaster-making by having Brandon hot glue while I rolled the sisal rope and formed the coasters. While I'm sure you can do it solo, it was a heck of a lot easier having a partner to help out. 



Once all 6 were completely rolled and the glue had dried, I started the painting process. Obviously, you can make these coasters with whatever design you choose but like the original Pin, I liked the nautical theme with the anchors. I actually free handed my anchors rather than using a stencil. They are all a little different but basically the same and I like the organic look of the varying anchors. 






I'm going to be using ours mainly in our bedroom with our Kate Spade Inspired His + Hers glasses that I just made last week and the gold His + Hers Nightstand Signs I made a while back! 



And these beauts can always be wrapped up with some yarn and given as a nice housewarming gift or present! 



Hope you enjoyed and get inspired to make some of your own! Maybe try a varying nautical theme with an anchor, seagull, boat, and seahorse??

Peace,
Allison



Linking up with: Inspire Me Please 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...