Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pantry Update & Simple, Spring Scrap Fabric Wreath


Hooray!

I have finally found a place in the Columbia area that sells Benjamin Moore paint! I have been coveting a lot of their colors for the walls (and doors) in our home so I finally picked up a pint of the Palladian Blue that I've seen on a pantry door here and a gallon of White Dove for another furniture project that is in the works. Of course, on the night that we bought the paint I had to crack open the pint of Palladian Blue and paint the pantry ASAP. I mean, dinner could wait, right? 

Here's a quick before & after. 



I really hate that awful yellowish neutral that is on basically all of our walls but we're hoping for a warm, white tone to brighten up the room. Actually, I slapped on a little of the White Dove to see how that looks (you can see below) and I think that it might actually be the winner. Let me know what you think. 



While I was on a creative kick, I took some of the scraps from my latest Ikea Tupplur Curtain Hack and wrapped them around a cheap wreath form I had picked up at Michael's. I didn't even attach the fabric with glue, just wrapped it on and tucked it in at the end. I kind of like the rough edged look and I think it makes the pantry door look even better.


These two cheap (practically free!) updates make a world of difference in our kitchen. What do you think? What are you doing to bring some Spring cheer into your home? 

Happy Spring!
Peace, 
Allison 


4 comments:

  1. I love the door but then again I'm a little biased to that color! ;) Yay! I think the white is going to brighten up the room ten fold. Fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you don't mind me copy catting! ;) Ever since you painted yours, I've wanted to change our white pantry door up!

      Delete
  2. I actually like the blue door with the existing paint color... It's warmer and doesn't feel like as harsh of a contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding work author. Knowledgeable enough. We will surely share your work. Anyway, If you are interested and looking for
    curtain and blinds Singaporeyou may visit our website. You can also check our available services to offer. Thank you and More power!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...