Monday, April 28, 2014

Delicious Chopped Salad with Ditalini Pasta


I'm not sure if I've mentioned this here before but I am no cook. While I love good food, there is a reason I have a sign in the kitchen saying, "I Kiss Better Than I Cook."  However, while this may be one of the only recipes I ever share, it is definitely a good one! And easy too! 

One of our great friends who actually has a food blog, The Novice Nibbler, first introduced us to the original version of this chopped salad (you can find the original version here and her version here) that apparently is from a popular restaurant in Chicago. One night, Brandon and I had a craving for this chopped salad and decided to do our own version, basically just limiting the ingredients more to our tastes. 

Here's what you need: 
1 bag of Romaine Lettuce (chopped up very small) 
1 package of Bacon (cooked and cut up into very small pieces) 
1 box of Ditalini pasta (cooked) 
1 1/2 Tomatoes 
1 bag of shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese 
1 package of Gorgonzola cheese 
1/2 package of dried Cranberries
1 bottle of Caesar dressing 

This amount makes enough for at least 8-10 servings.

Cook the noodles and bacon first. Combine all of the ingredients, top with Caesar dressing, and voila, tastiest salad ever! Yea, it's probably not the healthiest salad by any means but it is delicious! You're welcome! ;) 



Peace, 
Allison 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Had to come back and tell you I tried this and love it!! I made quite a bit, so have been adding it to rice with different types of pasta sauce, and just made a soup with it tonight. I'm thinking of adding it to my eggs tomorrow morning! Not sure why this excites me so much, but it does! I think it's the tiny bits of several veggies all on one spoon! So even a small serving packs a variety of nutrients! Superstar salad!!!! ( I do realize that cooking the veggies takes away some of their nutrition, but it's still a great way to add veggies to my diet) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...