Friday, September 5, 2014

Five Friday Favorites


1. Happy Fall Y'all! 


Despite the 90+ degree weather, I am so happy that it is practically Fall because it is my favorite season! Pumpkin Spice Lattes are baaack in full swing, Oktoberfest is in stock, and its almost time to wear my plaid shirts and riding boots! Plus, I am really looking forward to the cooler temperatures, hopefully sooner rather than later {fingers crossed}. I painted this cute sign the other day with leftover wood from my DIY Boat Cleat Towel Holders and I even changed out my wreath to my Fall one in an effort to push this heat and humidity out the door asap. Who's with me?!

2. Cold Brew Coffee 
If you are a fan of cold coffee, please do yourself a favor and order yourself a cold brew coffee maker. It is the easiest way to make delicious cold coffee every time! I ordered this one off of Amazon and it is just under $20. Basically you put the grounds into a reusable filter that comes with the brew pot and then pour cold water over the grounds. At first, you will only see the coffee seep a slight bit making the water a light amber color, but place the pot into the fridge (I usually make mine right before bed) and leave it for 8-12 hours to seep and when you come back the coffee will be dark and luscious. Put some ice into a mason jar with your cold brew, a splash of milk, and a cute straw and your life will be instantly better! Okay, okay maybe not instantly but you are definitely off to a great start. 

I have started getting my coffee grounds from World Market now. *If you buy coffee on Wednesdays and are part of their rewards program they will give you double points for every bag of coffee you get and once you get 6 points (bags), you get a free bag!* I've tried the French Roast and Vanilla Bean so far and I am definitely more of a fan of the darker grounds for sure. 


3. Beauty Blog
So there are two things that you will probably never read me blog about because I am eternally a newb when it comes to both of these subjects: makeup and cooking. Lucky for you, 1. I have a sister that is the all knowing when it comes to makeup and style and 2. she started her very own beauty blog called Baltimore Beautiful. (Fun fact: she also got the cooking gene from my Ma that apparently jumped right over me.) Go check it out and give her some love in the form of comments and long term readers! ;)
Baltimore Blonde(s)

4. Twigs & Pinwheels
I think it's safe to say I have an addiction to Etsy. My latest handmade purchases have been this Twig necklace that I LOVE and these fabric Pinwheels that are super adorable. 
Silver Branch Necklace - Simple Tree Branch - Nature Inspired Jewelry - Modern Organic Necklace
Golden Galore: 3 Mini Pinwheels

5. The World is Your Oyster 
I fell in love with this print by Rifle Paper Co. and I had the perfect place in mind for it to hang in our kitchen but I just could swing the $50 price tag. I am all for paying money for handmade products (see #4), but sometimes I just cannot fathom spending money for something I know I can create myself. Hence, why I grabbed some mat board and paint and painted my own version that resembles the poster I so loved. Just like I thought, it is the perfect addition to our kitchen and only costed me about $8. How great is that phrase too!
The World Is Your Oyster Illustrated Art Print
Real Version Via.
My Version!


Have a great weekend! 

Peace, 
Allison 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...