Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Silhou-whata?!


Hey ya'll, it's been a while! I've been trucking along on my trellis stencil wall in our master bedroom. If you've been following me on Instagram, you probably already knew that (if not you should follow me here). Hopefully I will gain some more momentum this coming weekend and finish it! Fingers crossed.

Anywhoo, I recently had this grand plan to create silhouettes of Brandon, Rhiley, and my faces for the wall above our bedroom TV. These past few days I finally got down to it and finished them and I am in love! 

They were really soo, so simple so I won't really do a full on tutorial but basically the method I used was that I took iPhone profile pics, no not for facebook, but literally our profiles. Then, I determined the size I would need, printed them off, and then cut the profiles out of normal computer paper. I then traced them onto some black card stock, cut them out, and modge podged them onto the wooden plaques I had already spray painted white. I personally used the glossy modge podge because I wanted it to have a slight shine to it but you could just have easily used the matte version. Below is a very grainy iPhone pic but just to show you how the original pictures are easily transferred to silhouettes!


Honestly, the entire total for all 3 silhouettes was about $8, so it's very affordable. I was happily surprised that they really do look distinctly like each of us! I think we will cherish these for years to come as we start our family together. But hopefully our profiles won't change too much after kids, but we will see! 









Hope you like them and are inspired to create your own. Just think how cool it will be to look back at them in 10, 20 years and see how much they have changed! 

Peace, 
Allison 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...