Saturday, November 23, 2013

Is Fall Really Over Already?!


I can't believe how fast time is flying by now that I am not counting down to one specific event. I feel like it just turned to Fall and now it's practically gone, already being overcome by Christmas decorations and peppermint mochas. Well, now that it's already over I might as well update on what has happened these past two months.

Once we got back from our mini-moon in Southport, NC (more on that soon)...

We quickly got back to wedded reality bliss. However, before we were completely back to reality we did spend an insane (to us) amount of money requiring two carts worth (never done that before!) at Bed, Bath, and Beyond getting all of the things we really wanted off of our registry. Thankfully, we had many gift cards and coupons, so no worries! And now our kitchen is full on stocked with matching dishes, nice pots and pans, and casserole dishes. Yes, casserole dishes folks. It's like I'm really an adult now or something!  


We made it to the SC State Fair for the very last night of the season and took a ride on the Ferris Wheel. 


Later in October, while in Charlotte visiting my dad we finally made it to Scarowinds. 


I've always wanted to go and it was actually well worth it! The haunted houses throughout were actually pretty well done and I definitely jumped quite a few times. Everything was great except when we got stuck on one of the roller coasters at the very beginning of the first hill for a good 15 minutes... not my idea of a good time. Then try inching up that entire hill after the ride hasn't even been tested again! Terrifying, that's what it is. 


Yes, I had just enough time (15 whole minutes) to sneak out my phone and take a picture. Obviously, one of us wasn't very scared. 


I also picked up our wedding gift from my brother, this beautiful iron and wood shelf that he made. He makes awesome rustic furnishings and decorations in his business called Hous Furniture. I absolutely love it and already had it's spot all picked out long before we got it home. I also may or may not have picked up that lamp at Target specifically to go on this shelf a few months before, hehe. 

Finally, Halloween showed up and Rhiley surprisingly still fits in her She"ruff" costume. The costume made for some great laughs all night as she ran around with the toy gun falling out all over the house and then stood guard at the door protecting her candy bowl. Just kidding, she was locked upstairs with music on so she wouldn't bark and scare off our (whopping 15!) Trick or Treaters. The sad life of an embarrassingly loud dog mom. 


I also got around to decorating for Fall a little on the late side. I made the banner and picked up some small pumpkins and gourds to spice things up. 




Finally, we made it to the Clinton Sease Farm Corn Maze for our 3rd year together! Of course we had to do our annual corn people photo. Check out the photos from our previous years below. 

Fall 2013:

Marriage is doing well for us, can't you tell? All in good fun people. Don't worry no husbands were harmed in the making of this photo. 

 Fall 2012:

Brandon with the our friends the Broders who we've gone to the Corn Maze every year with. 


Fall 2011:

What are you going to miss most about Fall?? 

Peace,
Allison



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...