Tuesday, December 30, 2014

One Little Word, Choose.


Choose: verb // to pick out or select as being the best or most appropriate of two or more alternatives. 

It's practically 2015, can you smell it in the air? The chance to restart, refresh, learn from 2014, & really move forward with a clear direction. I most certainly can. I unknowingly started the One Little Word in 2013 with the word BRAVE, a word that fell into place after a year chock full of huge, life changing milestones. In 2014, I felt inclined to make my OLW TRUST, at a time in my life where I needed to learn not to question as much and just trust in my plan. 

This year I am choosing the word, CHOOSE.

After a year of trusting (often times not willingly) I am ready to plant my feet firm and make my own choices. 

In 2015:
I will CHOOSE to enjoy life to its fullest extent.
These are the days! The days I will look back on many years down the road and realize I didn't take enough advantage of the freedom of time I have to read great books, drink good coffee, sleep in late, & spend quality time with those I love. 

I will CHOOSE to be present in my every day. 
This means cleaner eating (possibly trying a bout of Whole30 to get me on track), exercise (getting more active in road biking and running // hopefully a Half Marathon this year), quality time with my husband (less tv, phones, electronics) and basically all of the things that make me feel giddy & refreshed.  

I will CHOOSE how I let things affect me.
Rather than let my emotions get the best of me, I vow to accept the responsibility that I have a choice in how I allow things to affect me in my daily life. There are things and people, I've learned, that I cannot change no matter how hard I try, but the one thing I can be in control of is how I choose to respond (or not respond) to them. This year, I am going to CHOOSE the people in my life who make me a better person, CHOOSE to allow those who don't bring something positive to my life to get packing & above all else, I will CHOOSE myself. 

I will CHOOSE myself. 
This means taking care of myself first & foremost (healthier eating, exercising frequently, and maybe even a massage every once in a while!). I am also choosing to stop being so dang hard on myself & instead focus my efforts on how much I have to offer the world with my God-given skills and abilities rather than second guessing myself. 

When you think about it, it is amazing how many choices we make on a daily basis. While most of these are essentially unimportant (what to eat, wear etc.), some decisions can have much greater effects on our lives & well being. I hope that 2015 will allow me to CHOOSE those options that make me a better person both inside and out. I hope you'll be a part of this journey. 

Peace,
Allison

1 comment:

  1. One word I choose is Love, creates Intentionality and can be analyzed in short stories or long novels to help the reader understand how the author means to portray characters, or it can be something real or imagined, an action, a thought, a feeling, or emotion.
    Local Citations

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...